my Like Minds keynote on intrapreneurship (2/10)
On the 19th of October 2011, in Exeter in Devon, I delivered a keynote at Like minds. It is entitled “confessions of an intrapreneur”. There are 9 of these anecdotes and tips, which are all used to describe my preferred approach to change management. I have decided to publish the script of my presentation in this blog, starting from lesson number 9 and going backwards to lesson number 1 and then the introduction.
Stay tuned and use the following URL shortener [http://bit.ly/likemindsyag] in order to collect the entirety of the blog post
lesson no. 8: act swiftly
- Most organisations tend to reinvent themselves every 6 months. I have seen very few people actually like the idea, but this is nothing you can resist, and you rather have to put up with this and make the most of the opportunities it offers,
- This means that if you want to implement change, you had better do it within this six-month period. 3 months is even a better period, as it allows you to show positive and effective changes to management, complete with results and proof of concepts, for them to prepare the forthcoming reshuffle described above,
- Preparing your projects and teams to move forward like this, will ensure that you are part of the new organisation; rather than having to submit to the change decided by others; it is better for you to drive that change instead.
[Chrysalis photo, Some rights reserved by Odd_dog]
Latest posts by Yann Gourvennec (see all)
- 57% of consumers feel threatened by chatbots. Who cares? - 23/10/2019
- Internet Monitoring : Brands could do better - 23/07/2019
- Deep learning under Luc Julia’s microscope – with AI Paris 2019 - 18/07/2019