my Like Minds keynote on intrapreneurship (1/10)
On the 19th of October 2011, in Exeter in Devon, I delivered a keynote at Like minds. It is entitled “confessions of an intrapreneur”. There are 9 of these anecdotes and tips, which are all used to describe my preferred approach to change management. I have decided to publish the script of my presentation in this blog, starting from lesson number 9 and going backwards to lesson number 1 and then the introduction.
Stay tuned and use the following URL shortener [http://bit.ly/likemindsyag] in order to collect the entirety of the blog post
lesson no. 9: in times of trouble, speed up the process!
- Most people stop implementing change when chaos arises,
- There is a very common mistake because chaos is the mother of creation,
- The use of chaos in the derived sense of “complete disorder or confusion” first appears in Elizabethan Early Modern English but the original sense, taken from the Greek mythology and later religious writings, describes the original state of the world before it took shape ,
- Chaos is therefore not synonymous with havoc, but rather describes the state of things before change is being implemented, before things start to make sense,
- Visionaries, always try to implement change in periods of chaos, because these are the times when everything is possible and creativity is often given free rein. Almost all my change management endeavours, have been carried out at the worst possible moment, moments of which I had trouble finding my place within the hierarchy, and this is exactly when I decided to launch new initiatives,
- Launching new initiatives are times when organisations are being in re reinvented is in fact the right way forward, because this is the period at which top executives are searching for solutions to solve their problems, and are therefore more open to innovators, an intrapreneur is, who are going to bring solutions to their problems.
[Chrysalis photo, Some rights reserved by Odd_dog]
Latest posts by Yann Gourvennec (see all)
- 57% of consumers feel threatened by chatbots. Who cares? - 23/10/2019
- Internet Monitoring : Brands could do better - 23/07/2019
- Deep learning under Luc Julia’s microscope – with AI Paris 2019 - 18/07/2019